If your computer speakers are not producing any sound, you can follow these steps to try to fix the issue:
- Check that the speakers are properly connected to the computer’s audio port.
- Ensure that the speakers are turned on and the volume is not muted or turned all the way down.
- Check your computer’s audio settings to make sure that the correct playback device is selected. To do this, right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar, select “Open Sound settings,” and check that the correct device is selected under “Choose your output device.”
- Try playing audio from a different source, such as a different website or media player, to see if the issue is with the specific application or website.
- If you have updated your computer recently, try rolling back the audio driver to a previous version.
- If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver. To do this, right-click the Start button, select “Device Manager,” expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” section, right-click the audio device, and select “Uninstall device.” Restart your computer, and Windows should automatically reinstall the driver.
If the above steps do not fix the issue, there may be a hardware problem with the speakers, and you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance or consider replacing the speakers.